Friday, September 29, 2006

Tigers Ready!


Last Wednesday, while Rush, Jhed, Miggy and I were walking along the AMV building after watching a very mediocre play from Artistang Artlets titled aLamat, I bumped in on my high school classmate Day and she told me that there would be no classes for tomorrow as told to her by her classmate who is a friend of a friend of someone from the PSC (Pharmacy Student Council). Rush and I quickly got excited on the prospect of having a stress-free Thursday, exactly on the day of the much awaited Game 2 of the UST-Ateneo basketball match. Of course I was happiest because then I won't have to see that bitch of a professor of mine in History whose curls are like that of an old hag. Thank God I only have to meet her for two more meetings. My hell days would be over and I'd be a jolly person once again. Hurray. Now the bad thing was that even the game was postponed! At first the information was sketchy because text messages of the game being suspended or still underway were circulating and we didn't know which to believe. My classmates even called Ticketnet to ask if the game was still on and they said Yes, the game would still be played at 4 PM tomorrow. But in the morning, as Milenyo made its presence felt at the heart of Metro Manila, ABS-CBN reported on their Flash News that the game was suspended for safety reasons. Talk about perfect timing. My classmates and I already planned to wake up at 6 and go to Araneta around 7 to buy tickets. I was also going to buy Rush, Pam and Miggy tickets but that stupid storm arrived and all hell broke loose. Oh well, maybe Saint Dominic conjured up the storm so that the Tigers could practice some more so that they could growl more tomorrow and scare the hell out of arrogant-baldy Doug Kramer and "dude the nose" Chris Tiu. They move and talk like they're so good when in fact the only good player in Ateneo is JC Intal. Let's just see tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to scream my lungs out and support my beloved Alma Mater.

Now where to find one of those long balloons and tiger ears....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no you didn't! did i just hear you say "dude the nose" to my hubby? i am appalled and horrified! how dare you! tandaan mo yan, di na tayo friends. haha